About this event
A safe space for carers in London Borough of Greenwich who care for someone with mental illness. NOTE: Due to the covid-19, the support group will be run via Zoom.
he carer peer support group allows carers who care for someone with metal illness to network and provide a safe confidential environment to share stories and experiences.
The group looks to encourage carers to reduce isolation, support each other and build a network.
Supporting and caring for someone with mental health needs can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience, but also stressful and lonely. We feel carers from different backgrounds should not have to cope by themselves.
The Carer peer support group aims
- Help you to open up about what you are feeling and experiencing.
- Introduce you to ideas and approaches that others have found helpful.
- Reassure you that you’re not alone in how you are feeling.
- Help you to connect with others and give you a sense of belonging.
- Encourage you to value your strengths.
- Seeks to Build your self-esteem and confidence.
- Help you to feel more hopeful about the future.
To find out more, please call Greenwich carers on
07423 110 805 or 07423 108 4468
you can also register on the Eventbrite page.