Who we are and what we do
We are the independent champion for people who use health and social care services in Royal Borough of Greenwich. We’re here to make sure that those running services, put people at the heart of care.
Our sole purpose is to understand the needs, experiences and concerns of people who use health and social care services and to speak out on their behalf.
We focus on ensuring that people’s worries and concerns about current services are addressed.
We work to get services right for the future.
How we work
Healthwatch Greenwich relies on the input and feedback from local people.
- Local people are encouraged to identify areas of concern and bring these to the attention of Healthwatch Greenwich by telephone, email, social media, letter, or attendance at local events. (Where particular issues are not within Healthwatch Greenwich’s remit, people will always be advised on the right agency to contact for help.)
- Partnership working is key to Healthwatch Greenwich’s philosophy, so local service user organisations suggest areas of work, and timescales for completion. This avoids duplication of effort.
- Commissioners in both Health and Social Care also assist Healthwatch Greenwich in identifying any specific topic related priorities.
- South East London Healthwatch includes Bexley, Bromley, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark. We work closely to identify cross borough issues, share infromaton and represent people at a regional level.
- Healthwatch England heads up the nationwide network of Healthwatch organisations and sets out its statutory responsibilities e.g. the right to Enter and View any publicly funded health and social care service. (View a list of the Statutory Duties of a Local Healthwatch)
People's views come first - especially those who find it hardest to be heard.
We champion what matters to you and work with others to find ideas that work. We are independent and committed to making the biggest difference to you.