Over the last year, Healthwatch Greenwich, working with Greenwich CCG, Royal Borough of Greenwich and Circle MSK have been monitoring the implementation and delivery of the new Circle MSK contract. We have been attending CCG contract monitoring meetings, Circle MSK clinical steering group meetings, have carried out a series of Enter and Views to the Circle MSK Community hub at Eltham Hospital, and a series of focus groups to enable MSK patients to share their experiences.
- Light, clean and purpose-built premises.
- Efficient model of delivery reducing delays in treatment in most cases.
- Model is potentially replicable in other health areas, e.g. Mental Health.
- Very positive experiences of treatment, clinical and other staff.
- 95% of Circle’s patients would recommend to friends and family.
- Genuine desire on the part of the provider to listen to patients and adapt the service to improve experiences.
- Administration can be patchy, with letters occasionally not being received, telephones sometimes difficult to get through.
- Patients with more complex needs occasionally struggle to understand and navigate the service.
- Lack of understanding from the general public about why they have to go through the service (when they’re used to direct referrals to clinicians).