Healthwatch Greenwich complaints policy

Anyone who is dissatisfied with any aspect of the service received by Healthwatch Greenwich can make a complaint under Healthwatch Greenwich complaints policy.
Young male volunteer standing in front of Healthwatch branding

Individuals and organisations have the right to express their views about the performance of Healthwatch Greenwich and the way in which it conducts its business.

We will treat both concerns and complaints in the same way.

This Policy does not cover:

1) Complaints or concerns about the NHS, which should be dealt with through the NHS complaints procedure.

2) Complaints about the provision of social care services which should be dealt with by Royal Borough of Greenwich complaints procedure.

We will review this policy on a regular basis.

Date: 17/08/2020

How to raise a concern or make a complaint about Healthwatch Greenwich

1) In the first instance we would encourage you to raise a concern, or complaint, or to provide feedback on our service informally. Providing information or correcting misunderstandings or misconceptions at this early stage may enable the issue to be successfully resolved.

2) If the concern or complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, then you should notify us via email, letter or via a telephone conversation with a member of staff or a volunteer.

3) Healthwatch Greenwich will acknowledge the concern or complaint in writing (or in the complainants preferred method of communication) within 3 working days.

4) Attempts to resolve the concern or complaint will be completed within 15 working days of establishing the nature of the concern or complaint. Exceptionally, if further time is needed, where possible this will be agreed with you.

5) The CEO of Healthwatch Greenwich will review all concerns/complaints. If you are not happy with the outcome you will be able to appeal. The concern or complaint will then be reviewed by Healthwatch Greenwich Board members who have not previously been involved in the matter. Once the appeal process has been completed the concern or complaint will be closed.

6) If you are still not satisfied you can take your concern or complaint to Royal Borough of Greenwich.

Royal Borough of Greenwich can be contacted in the following ways:

020 8854 8888

Customer Services
The Woolwich Centre
Wellington Street
SE18 6HQ

You may also subsequently take your concern or complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman who can be contacted in the following ways:

0300 061 0614

Share your thoughts

You can help make health and care services better by sharing your experiences and ideas.

Talk to us